This blog is meant to be a way for me to get out memories and help me cope with the loss of my son
Monday, February 14, 2011
Out on our own
Here is where I continue with the journey through our lives, My birthday is July 22, when I turned 18, I decided it was time to move out of my mom's, and get a place of my own, now I started seeing Sara's father when I was 15 I believe, and we were off and on, we had more off's than on's, but at this time, I guess it just felt right, so we moved into an apartment, he got a job, and about 3 weeks later, quit the job, we got evicted, and moved again, this time to another apartment, and he got yet another job, I didn't work because I was home with Brandon. Her father was one of those types that didn't want to work I guess you can say, and I was "too blind" to see that, It was around that time of our 2nd apartment I found out I was pregnant with my daughter Sara, and then we moved in with his father and father's g/f, Brandon had his own room, we had ours, and they had theirs, It was a decent sized apartment, Brandon never sleeped in his room, he always slept in the playpen next to our bed, (he was about 1 1/2 at the time) I remember at that time Tickle me Elmo was a big sensation at the time, and I knew I just had to get him it, He LOVED Elmo, he loved cars and trucks, most of all he loved his binky's (pacifiers) We lived there for a few months, and as I was giving his dad money towards the bills, he was spending it on scratch off lottery tickets, he was addicted to those things, so needless to say the rent didnt get payed and we had to move, Sara's father and I were having problems at that time, so I moved back in with my mom, who helped me get a place, this time in Freeland, It was about 3 weeks before I had Sara in May, It was a two bedroom, Brandon had his own room, and I had mine, I set Sara's crib up in my room as well, It was my first apartment that I felt secure and knew I wasn't going to be evicted or thrown out. It was a fresh start, about a year later, I started seeing Bill, right before Sara turned one, Oh I guess I should mention that when Sara was born, her father went to jail and was there for the next 5 years, I wiped my hands clean of him. I think Bill was one of the best things that could have came in my life, after all I didn't have much luck with boyfriends. Brandon was 3 and still had his binky, it was hard to break him from, but with Bill's help, it was gone finally! We started potty training and he was potty trained by the time he was four. I enrolled him into Head Start, and it was then that I started seeing symptoms of ADHD, I took him to Northeast counseling who immediatly wanted to put him on medication, at that time I was against giving my child medication, So I found a place in Edwardsville that had TSS services and mobile therapy. for those of you who don't know what TSS stands for it's Therapeutic Staff support. This started the beginning of many doctors visits, and trips to Edwardsville. So on that note..to be continued....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment