This blog is meant to be a way for me to get out memories and help me cope with the loss of my son
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Cyber school and plans for the future...
So here's the latest...I've decided to homeschool the girls. I REALLY need to find a job, but it has to be 2nd shift. I also think I might go for my c.n.a, which is something I started to do in high school but due to the fact that I had Brandon my 12th year I didn't get enough hours in and was unable to go for the test. I'm starting to look into the future instead of just thinking about what's gonna happen day to day. I need to figure out how to give myself and family a solid foundation. I don't want to work for min. wage my whole life or in a factory. (I hate factory work to begin with) I'm hoping I'm not gonna be taking on too much for myself.
If everything goes as we want it next month, we will probably start looking into moving out of the hazleton area. We kind of want a fresh start and to get away from drama. I'm too old for the pointing fingers crap. There's more that we plan to do too, but for now that's just between the hubby and I. I started going to counseling again, not sure I want to keep going though because what she wants me to do isn't really the help I was looking for, so I'm gonna try to find someone else to see. Sara sees a therapist and absolutely loves her. The girls are doing good though. I'm so excited for them to start cyber school. It's gonna be an adventure that's for sure! lol I'm sure once everything is set up and we get all the materials they will be just as excited too.
Ok, So I started this like a week or so ago and never finished it. Anyway we started cyber school on Monday (3 days ago). This week is all orientation, which includes a live class at 10 a.m each day. Today they requested we did the 1st lesson in language arts and Math. The math was pretty much a breeze. Language arts on the other hand felt like it took all day to get through just because there is different things to cover, such as english, spelling (for Kaylin anyway) etc. We also ran into problems with the printers that were provided. I have a feeling this week is going to be hectic until we get used to doing the cyber school, and finding a routine that works for all of us. I have to divide myself into 3 and work with all 3 girls. I know I can do this and with Bill's support and the cooperation of the girls it will all come together. I didn't get around to calling about going for the cna license yet, I wanted to wait until we got through this week of home school with the girls. Change is difficult, but with some support and determination we can do it! I think this is the first time in my life I've actually been determined to do something without giving up, and for those that want to put me down on my decisions, well I think you know what I would say! If you can't support my decisions, keep your mouth shut. I don't need your criticism and put downs. Just remember this is my life to make mistakes with not yours, and if what I'm doing right now is a mistake I will learn from it. Worry about yourself. Some might say "I've been there before, I know what I'm talking about, blah blah blah" well guess what? Good for you, I don't care, not everyone is the same, maybe I can handle more than you can, maybe I can do something better than you can. Just leave me be. Okay so enough about that. It really seems like since we started cyber schooling the girls, they've been listening a lot better and being good. Maybe they just needed us to give them more attention and if that attention has to come from us cyber schooling them and being more involved with their education and coaching them with school then so be it. I will do that. My love for these girls is unconditional, and even though there are times when I get frustrated with them when they do something wrong or aren't listening, I'm still going to love them through it. Time can't be rewinded, you can't do it over. It's just something you learn as time goes on. I learned that after Brandon passed away. It's all about memories and making them count.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment